Healthy Hallelujah’s Vegan Chickpea Nuggets
This is probably the strangest, yet most delicious healthy concoction I have ever put together. I really wasn’t expecting these babies to be so amazing!
So basically, I am a broke college student, and I don’t want to spend money on extra groceries for my last week at school. So, I rummaged through my cupboards, got creative, and found a few things to throw together.
What you need:
1 16oz can of chickpeas
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1-2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp sea salt
1-2 tsp olive oil
Panko Italian breadcrumbs (if vegan, make your own in a food processor by processing dry bread with Italian seasonings)
What you do:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine chickpeas, chopped garlic, cumin powder, and sea salt in a food processor. The final consistency shouldn’t be chunky, but thick. You don’t want to thin the “dough” out to hummus consistency.
2) Roll chickpea “dough” into little bite size balls and cover lightly with olive oil.
3) Flatten out the balls so that they are about half an inch thick, then pat both sides lightly onto the breadcrumbs.
4) Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or coat with the remainder of the olive oil. Place nuggets on the cookie sheet.
5) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10 minutes.
PERFECT CONSISTENCY, I tell you! PERFECT. I can’t believe I came up with this (and no, they are not just falafel.. they are nuggets, hehe). Enjoy!
lunch today! vegan smashed chickpea fritters with broccoli and a few multigrain crackers :)